Infection Prevention Manual for Tokyo 2020 City Cast
In March 2021, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) had published an overview of the Infection Prevention Manual for Tokyo 2020 City Cast to ensure a safe and secure environment in training and volunteer activities based on the Interim Summary of Coordination Meetings for COVID-19 Countermeasures, advice from specialists*, and COVID-19 countermeasure guidelines for Tokyo 2020 Field Cast, continued to have been updated as preparations continue.
Today, the TMG is pleased to announce the completion of the Infection Prevention Manual for Tokyo 2020 City Cast by adding some new measures.
*This manual was developed with advice from KUTSUNA Satoshi, M.D., Ph. D., of the National Center for Global Health and Medicine.
Please see the attachments.
Attachment 1:Overview of the Infection Prevention Manual for the Tokyo 2020 City Cast PDF.
Attachment 2:Infection Prevention Manual for Tokyo 2020 City Cast (Japanese only)
- We provide opportunities for City Cast to have a PCR test (saliva screening) before starting their volunteer activities. For City Cast involved in volunteer activities during both Olympic and Paralympic Games, we provide a PCR test before starting their activities for each of the Games.
- We also provide opportunities for City Cast to have vaccinations upon request.
- We provide eye shields to City Cast to wear with masks when interacting with spectators requiring care or providing support to spectators who feel ill and have difficulty wearing a mask.
- During the City Cast training by role and assigned location (group training/ online training) that is currently being provided, we continue explaining the measures that we ask City Cast to follow.
- We also explain the measures to City Cast through e-mail notifications before starting the volunteer activities and meetings on the day of their activities.
- We continue updating the manual when necessary taking into consideration the current state of COVID-19 and countermeasures.
Tokyo 2020 City Cast Operation Office
Tel: Navigation dial 0570-05-2020 (for IP phone / International phone calls: +81-50-3786-0320)*Japanese language only.
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (including weekends and holidays)
Email address: Info2020@city-volunteer.tokyo